Monday, September 7, 2015

Peace Out, Sydney! Hello, Perth!

I can't believe my 9 days here are up and it is time for me to move on to my next destination. A lot has happened these nine days, but one thing is for sure -- My license is not here yet nor do I have my Tax Filing Number or my Westpac Debit Card PIN! Such a headache now that I have to have my hostel forward the mail to my new hostel which I only booked for another eight days before I move on again! Maybe I should have spent a extra hundred bucks to have someone take care of all that for me before I got to Australia... Lol, maybe not. I'm too cheap!

Talking about being cheap.... I already blew like a thousand AUD... =_= I have no idea how, but I did. I have to cut down on the out with people all out drinking and eating.

I also finally feels how it's like to be unemployed. On days that I feel like traveling, it's all good. But on my down times when I just feel like staying in and relaxing, I feel bored and wasting time because I could be working and earning money! Oh well! It's nice to relax once in a while!

I finally feel the excitement of traveling. I've been starting to meet people; slowly but surely. Although people come and go in hostels, it's really awesome to be able to connect with people even if you're only going to see them for a little bit. I started hanging out with a group of Japanese travelers (Shuhei, Tsuzuki, Saki, Yui!). One of them was my roommate and he met a few others. I was just eating my cooked dinner and they decided to come over and sit next to me and started playing cards. Even though they spoke Japanese to each other, they didn't mind inviting me to play cards with them and even go out for drinks with them. They even taught me their version of Big 2 and finger guessing game and had a few laughs about it. Really nice people! I also got a roommate that was definitely in his late 30s and he was from Melbourne. He seemed really interested in talking with me and he's a really interesting guy. Really laid back and love meeting other people and hearing their stories. Too bad he was only there for the night because he was heading to Brisbane. But we went out with the hostel to a bar and had a great night. I guess I shouldn't have to worry whether or not I will see them again. There's a different excitement in meeting people just for the fun of it and not have to keep in contact or even see them ever again but to hear their stories and experience traveling together. This made me really glad that I took this opportunity to make this trip happen.

What truly intrigues me is the cultural difference between different countries though! Two restaurants that I went to, even though after the waiter/waitress clean up my plates, they don't bring over the check unless you ask for it. I asked a friend about it and they said "Yeah.. Aussies are chill like that. We like to just chill and talk for a bit before asking for the check." They also won't come over to collect the bill. You go to the register when you're ready. I guess in a way, that's pretty awesome. In the States, when the waiter/waitress collects our plates, they ask if we want dessert before getting the bill. They'll bring over the bill and tell us to take our time to pay and comes over if we're paying with a card. In some ways, I guess that could make people feel rushed. Either way, it's really interesting and I can't wait to go to Melbourne because people say they're even more chill there.

Along to trying to improve myself as a person, I also feel like I'm improving in photography and cooking! I cheat with photography though using guide lines hehe... But I cook stellar meals now! Being in Sydney is expensive, it I decided to start buying food and cooking at the hostel because it's cheaper and I guess more healthy. This forces me to cook more and experiment with different way of cooking. I feel like my cooking is getting better; maybe to me at least! A friend walked over and saw my cooking and said oh! We have a little chef over here! Ahahah... Maybe this trip will make me like cooking. I don't know. I like cooking and there's no distraction like playing League. I feel like being able to buy my own groceries and cooking what I want makes me more eager to want to make my next meal. At home, my mom would get all the groceries and bring home the veges that she has grown. Often times, she overstocks the fridge and I felt obligated to eat certain things at certain times before they go bad. Here, I buy what I want to cook and I cook whenever I want to eat it. If I were to even settle down and get my own house, I'm gonna have to buy a house next to a market! I'll buy whatever I feel like eating for the night so I don't have to stock up for a week or two and have food go bad in the fridge!

I think I covered most of the things I want to blog about. It's been a busy week traveling, sightseeing, and trying things out of the ordinary; even things that should not be spoken about! So I won't speak of it! But after dropping by Blue Mountains, which is a gorgeous place for hiking 10/10 would go back again before I leave, I also tried a Japanese bath house nearby as it was the only one in the New South Wales region! We were all in bathing suit, so it was all good! I don't know if it's the same experience as a legit onsen, but it felt pretty good. I even got a legit massage for the first time. Best feeling ever but I don't feel any different afterwards haha... I guess I don't have tight muscles or knots in my muscles that bothered me. I'm still young and healthy~

.
Welp, I'm tired and I have a flight to catch tomorrow. Peace out Sydney, hello Perth! Until next time, I'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment