Tuesday, September 1, 2015

First Night Out with Friends?

Well, I've been in Sydney for three days now and I was finally invited to go out! Lol... I sound like such a loner, but Cameron is cool. He's from Melbourne and he really likes to take that extra effort to make everyone feel like they're part of a group of friends. He was actually one of the roommates that I had that is really chill and don't mind talking to other people. Was I at the right place at the right time?

I just came back to my room from applying for my Australian driving license and opened a bank account with Westpac. Quite a day running errands and I was in my room sorting my things out. Cameron came back to the room and invited me to join a group of people to go to a hidden roof top bar. Of course I'd want to go! I mean, I've been wanting to make friends since the day I left Boston. Unfortunately, I was the only one that doesn't smoke, but I didn't mind hanging out with them and they didn't mind having me being part of their company. They were all great people from all over the world. Some of them were here for travel; some were just like me seeking for something new. I'm glad I'm settling in quite well. I was doubting my choice of coming to Australia, but I need to keep reminding myself that there are awesome people all around the world too and I just need to be patient. Thank you for an awesome night, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment