Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Life

Different people want different things in life. Some wants fortune, some wants fame, some wants adventure, and others just want to help out the world a little bit at a time. But we all have one ultimate goal in life: to be happy.

Happy: (noun) feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

We may all take different routes in life, but all of our ultimate goal in life is to achieve happiness. But how do you do that? By doing something that you love to do or achieving what you want to achieve in life. To a person, maybe wealth brings them happiness by having a lot of money in their bank account. A lot of people feel happier with their life when they are well known by a large community. Some people just want to go to third world countries and help out those in need and that will give them fulfilment and joy in life.

For me, I am currently doing what makes me happy. I am traveling in Australia -- learning new knowledge, experiencing different prospectives, developing personal skills, meeting new expectations, sparking up my desires to achieve big things in life, and most of all... I am living the life that makes me happy. To my parents, they might not think this is what life is all about as different people have different views in life. To them, having a house, a family, stable income, and a good retirement is what life is about. I can honestly say, I can live my whole life without a real estate or luxurious possessions and I'd still be happy because I am living my life. Money does not bring happiness. Happiness comes from doing what you love. I was never good at expressing my feelings and emotions through words, but I think my mother is slowing understanding that I am doing what is best for myself. Sometimes, I feel like I am being selfish for leaving my family back at home and leaving Dexter with my parents, but I am certain that this is what I need to do right now.

My mother asked me, "You have been in Australia for eight months now. What have you learned?" Again, I am not good at expressing myself through talking, but I can reassure you that I am a whole new person. It doesn't always have to be technical skills and knowledge that I have to learn. This trip has helped me develop my (inter)personal skills. Back at home, I felt like I was losing my mind. I'd come home from work, play video games, take Dexter out for a walk, sleep, repeat. Work was the same thing everyday. Life was the same thing everyday. I was not learning. I was not developing. I was constantly reminded that I should do more with my life. My work was a low paying job and I need to find something better. I was surrounded by peers that were constantly judging and comparing between each other. I can say this trip was an escape from that. Ever since I've arrived to Australia, I have received nothing but positive feedback. I was constantly reminded that I am really brave for traveling on my own. I am really intelligent for working out such complex planning on traveling with other people. My cooking is delicious. Talking to me made their day. I am very friendly and constantly have a smile on my face even after a long hard day. I can achieve more than what I expect in myself. The people I come across, the friends I meet, and the colleagues I work with, all has build my self-confidence. At home, I was in the dirt. I had no confidence in myself and I didn't believe that I can achieve anything greater than what I had. I beat around the bush hoping that something might come to me. I was too shy to go to company events and holiday parties. I didn't have any motivation for self-development. Long story short, it was bad. But after the last eight months, I have gained what I was seeking for this whole time. I believe that I can achieve what I set my mind to and go beyond what I think I am capable of doing. In the end, even if I fall, I still have two arms and two legs to pick myself up and try again.

So go on, do what makes you happy because that is what living is all about. Do what makes you happy as not as you're not being selfish to others. If you want to travel, go and travel on your own budget. If you want to volunteer at a third world country, then go help the little children. If you love playing video games, make a career out of it by making YouTube videos or streaming to support yourself. If you want to study psychology, double major in something else that can act as a support for your interest just in case one does not get you a stable income. If you want to spend your days smoking weed, then get a job at your local McDonald's and earn money for your weed. Life is an endless opportunity. Don't let the noises in your life affect how you live because at the end of the day, the life is yours and no others. Don't let other people navigate your life. Do what you love and you won't regret a single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment