Sunday, February 7, 2016

Lalala...

Is it weird that I get extremely satisfied when I encounter a clogged sink and being able to use a plunger to extract a monstrosity ball of hair to see that the water flows down the drain just as it was completely new and working properly?

It's almost Lunar New Year! My daily life just feels the same, go to work, come home, relax, dinner, and relax some more haha... I ended up playing Blade & Soul for two days and decided to re-format my laptop. I was on a 8 game losing streak on League of Legends ranked games. :( It's just impossible to play on the American server. My ping is 280 which feels like all my actions are like 1 second delayed. By the time I see team fights happen and I decide to use a skill, I am already 2 seconds behind. Additional to that, I was getting pretty bad team mates, so yeah. I decided to stop playing. Blade & Soul was causing my laptop to heat up really badly even playing on Optimize for Low End PC with a resolution of 800x600.

Lunar New Year is pretty big in Melbourne since this city is like the 2nd most Asian population in Australia. Walking around the night food market seeing all these couples together makes me sad. :'( But I enjoy taking photos of night views.

The new Japanese housemate ended up leaving after a week. He said his mom had pneumonia and he had to go home. My new housemate is an Australian with a Vietnamese background. He seems like a good guy, so it's all good.

Currently, I am planning out what to do for my last half of my visa. I've been reading into the Australia 462 Work & Holiday visa changes. Turns out that it's still on "white paper" which means it has been brought up but Parliament will not make any official ruling until the end of fiscal year (30th June 2016). I've read that work done before the declaration will not count, while some people say it will count. I was talking with my co-worker and thought that maybe I can ask to be transferred to a YHA in the northern part for my second half of the 6 month max per employer rule. If the ruling passes, hospitality will be one of the choices that will qualify for 2nd year. A part of me want to try to work for the YHA for 3 months to qualify since I won't have to worry about finding another job which qualifies (farming, mining, construction, and hospitality). That means I will have to leave Melbourne at the end of February so I get March, April, and May to get the 88 days. Another part of me wants to just leave at the end of April and find another job up in the north because I want to experience something else aside from being a housekeeper...

But then again, I don't really feel like spending another year in Australia. I am kind of a bit home sick. I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss Dexter. I definitely want to do a year in New Zealand though! So maybe I'll return home when in 2017? Two years away from home sounds like a good amount of time spent outside.

I've recently finally finished watching Full Metal Alchemist. Satie keeps telling me that Brotherhood is a lot better than the original one and that I should watch it. I gave it another chance and both of us basically binged that anime to the end over a course of like 3 days ahahah... Surprisingly, I learned about the Seven Deadly Sins from that which I thought I've never heard about... Then I found someone posting up a picture on Facebook on how to achieve Zen. Due to this, I'm slowly trying to be more aware of myself and aim to be a better person. :) Every morning, the first thing I do when I wake up is to tell myself that it's going to be a good day! I think it really works! Well... If I wake up feeling like it's a good day, it'll be a good day. If I feel like it's going to be a bad day, it will turn out to be a bad day. But reminding myself that it will be a good day really helps. I try not to complain about minuscule things and look at the positive side of everything. I hope to return home as a changed person.

Just today, I took a first step into changing. Who cares about what other thinks of you? No one has time to judge you because if they're judging you, then they're insecure about something relating to themselves. I guess that's how I feel too I guess. I went to the gym in my apartment basement. There were about a group of 20 people there partying and blasting loud Hispanic music because it's Saturday night. I ignore the thoughts that maybe they're judging me as a loner working out on a Saturday night and I kept doing what I want to do. I don't it for anyone else but myself! The more I do this, I think I will be more comfortable at not caring for other people judging me! :)

I just found out Eliza is in Melbourne. WHAT?! I need to dig more into this and catch up with her! Maybe.

It's 4 AM and my thoughts are all over the place. Nothing makes sense right now and that I should sleep hahaha... I've been watching McDull @_@;

No comments:

Post a Comment