Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!

Wish everyone a Happy New Year! :)

I had New Years Eve off but not New Years day, so I didn't do much for the night. On New Years Eve, I decided to go to Geelong again, but this time with Satie. It was way too hot to do anything, so we just sat around and relaxed for the day. That night, we celebrated it together but we're all like grandpas and grandmas. We just stayed in and watched movies all night haha... We were watching My Sassy Girl until it was 11:58 PM so we decided to pause the movie and dash to the 7th floor balcony to watch the fireworks. Our apartment is right on the main street of the city overlooking Flinders Street Station. We had the perfect view of the fireworks! But the fireworks wasn't that great. It lasted 10 minutes and it was boring comparing to Boston's Independence Day fireworks. We went back to the apartment and continued to watch My Sassy Girl until like 3 AM. @_@; So much for staying in so I can sleep early and get to work the next day.

New Years resolution... Nothing much on my list. I hope to start working out more often which I've been going to the gym in my apartment; but it's wicked small. There's a mirror in the gym so the first time I looked at the gym and didn't go in, I thought it was huge gym due to the reflection ahaha... Turns out it's the smallest gym ever -- even smaller than the one I had at my old work place. There's one set of dumbbells, one bench, one leg weight machine, a treadmill, an elliptical, and a bike zzz... So if anyone we to be in there, you'd have to wait your turn or do something else while you wait. Dumbbells only go up to 20kg (44lbs). I want to find a Toastmasters Club around the area and start going. Thanks to Isabel's introduction because I really think Toastmasters help with public speaking, your confidence skill, and general just get better at speaking. I kind of not like going because people there are usually crazily good at it and I feel like they are judging me when I speak! Nonetheless, it's a good club. Another one is I guess to get more productive with my time. Man, every time I get internet, I see if I can play League of Legends. If I can, I'd start playing game after game non-stop... Just today, I played 4 rounds already and I wanted to continue playing. This is why I can't play games! I can't wait for Pokémon Go to come out though!!! I hope it's a success hehe.

As for work, it's pretty good. I understand what my mom means when she says physical work is tough and that office job is so relaxing. I don't feel rewarding sitting in the office though. After a long hard day cleaning the hostel, I feel rewarded. I'm tired and worn out, but it feels good; like the adrenaline is going through me after a workout. We had a new person starting the other day. I'm not sure if he'll last long. During the interview, he said he is available to work any day but after getting the job, he keep saying he only wants 3 shifts a week and no double weekends. They only hire people that are available to work any day, so I kind of lied his way into the job. His excuse is that he has a family and other important things to attend... Also, he might be new to this, but I feel like he's so slow at doing everything. I don't think I was THAT slow when I started working. Which bring me to the case that one of the supervisors keep complaining about me washing the showers too slow. She was also the one that blamed me for not spraying bleach because she doesn't smell it. When she does the shower, I caught her not spraying bleach either; which is why she does it so much faster because she's skipping steps. Whatever, man... That's the only person I feel painful working with in the bathroom. Aside from her, everyone else is mad chill and cool! It shouldn't be too hard to stay here for 6 months. I'm still thinking about the second job though even though I haven't been looking. We'll see how that goes.

Housemates are fine I guess. Josh went to camping for a few days with the Christian care group. The apartment just doesn't feel the same without him. T_T The girls... Man, it's only tolerable when they're not together. When they're both here in the apartment, it's so intolerable. Every time I say something or do something, they have something negative to say about me. When I get comfortable with people, I don't hold back what I have to say. Due to this, some people think I get really annoying because I'm always babbling on. But seriously, I don't need you two to keep bullying me. I already told Satie that I don't like how she complains about me complaining and she toned it down a bit. It's like, they would mock me or say something to make me sound bad. I'm sure they're joking around, but it gets old and tiring after a while especially when you do it all the time. Majority of the time, I'd just ignore them. When I don't have nice thing to say, I won't say it because I don't like it when other people do that to me too. It's only appropriate if it's something you cannot tolerate if it continues. I snapped today because I was playing League and Satie wanted me to join her to the gym. I said 30 minutes. She waited and ask if I was ready. I said it has only been 23 minutes (because of the timer on my game). Cindy blurbs out that my clock must be broken and I can't tell time; I'm just addicted to the game and not going to go to the gym. What? I yelled back saying that my game has a timer so stop fucking around with me. I might be way over in my head, but it's annoying since it's just happening constantly. I'm on the verge of just stop talking to them when they're both around. This is why I can't live with friends. I don't even know if I can live with a partner. Sometimes, I just love the alone time. There's no one to tell me what to do or deal with anyone. #alone5ever I'll work it out.

Life in general has been great. :) I have work, I have free time, and I'm doing what I love. My mom keeps sending me videos and pictures of Dexter. I miss him so muchieeee... But I don't know if I'm ready to go home. I will see once I get near the end of my working holiday visa. Until then, just keep slowly drifting~

2016 is going to a good year! Continuing my journey through life. Nothing's going to bring my down! Keep on going and keep on rolling~

No comments:

Post a Comment