Wednesday, March 9, 2016

*Yawn*

It was 39°C today, so Pancake Parlour was giving out free milkshake again. I went to the gym and decided I wanted to grab some free milkshake before going to bed. Satie decided to come with me, which is cool because I always enjoy a good talk with her. I finally feel like I've found a best friend here. We were talking about families and I felt something changed in me. I feel like I'm trying to reach deeper philosophically haha... Dreams are just what we want. Dreams are imagination. It's okay to have dreams, as long as we know how to differentiate dreams apart from goals. Goals are what we want to create. Life goals. Things that we know we can put our mind into and possible to achieve. It's very different from dreams because dreams are just desires without plans or progress.

Sometimes, I'm really glad that I had a poor childhood. A single mother trying to raise me while working at a sweatshop making minimum wage and trying to get through hoping that I turn into a successful man. She would beat me when I start crying about not being able to buy the flavoured water because it was too expensive. She would beat me because my teacher sent home notices saying that I wasn't paying attention in class and instead talk to my friend while the teacher was teaching. My mom apologized to me. But it wasn't her fault. Although I have not reached my full potential, you're a great mother, I grew up well, and currently doing what makes me happy. There's not that many things in life that I want. I just want my families, friends, the people around me, and Dexter to be happy and healthy. I have mini goals but I'm sure I will work towards what I would want to achieve ultimately in life slowly and steadily. I am only 26 years old. I have a long road ahead of me. I have a lot of time and there are so many things in life that I have not experienced yet. I want to live my life at my own pace. Don't worry, mother. I will make it and I will make you proud.

So I've been slacking off on blogging hahaha... On top of that, I've been quite busy lately trying to fill my last month here in Melbourne with activities and things to keep me busy. :) Two weekends ago, Satie, her friend, me, and Eliza made a trip to Mornington Peninsula. Boy was it beautiful. I can say it's as good if not, better than Great Ocean Road. At first, forecast said it would be a cloudy day with rain, but the weather turned out better than expected. We had a lot of fun and it was only AU$40 per person for the day trip. Beats going with a tour group!

Work has been not too bad either. Sometimes, I feel under appreciated, but that's just me being salty haha... This week is going to be busy busy busy because we're going to get a yearly inspection to see if we still qualify to be a YHA. Although I read and pretty certain that I cannot meet the requirement to apply for a second year visa back to Australia, I'm going to set mid-April as my last day of work here in Melbourne, take half a month off to travel some more, and the step my foot into Queensland for another new adventure into life. I'll be there from May to the end of August. Once that is done, I am for certain that I will do another year around New Zealand! Then who knows? 2 years in Germany? I had another talk with Satie a few days back too and I came to a conclusion for myself. At the end of the day, it is my life and I should live it the way that I want to live. Do what I want to do because this is the best time to do it! I will probably have more responsibilities once I get to around 30 years old and I won't have the same opportunity as I do now.

I'm really grateful for where I am right now and I am happy for all those I've achieved, even if it's just little things. These little things adds up to big things because not everyone can do what I've done. We humans have different goals and different paths. Walk the path that you want to walk towards and don't regret a single choice in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment